Current Mood : Struck with insomnia. Gosh it's 4.30 am !
Song In Head : Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning
Study : 1 chapter of P2 – Corporate Reporting. Yippie !
Ahh finally my studies hit some progress. 5 more weeks till finals. Gulp. Tension super boiling wei.
MSN. Hmm friends asking whether I've any problems and why
the heck on earth am I up so late. Haha… thx for all the concern, fellas… Sometimes charm staying up late is a good thing. Studies one of the reasons perhaps?
Anyway, church today. I mean yesterday, since it's like almost 5am now. Pastor Dr Peter Masters preached on The Riches of Salvation. I had challenged God silently about something during the sermon.. Then whoa, after few moments, pastor's words were like God's reply back to me. Pastor's other messages also felt like a direct hit on me, and everyone in my lunch table agreed they felt the same. I mean hit on them la.
He said that many of us Christians just feel contented with going for 1 Sunday service per week. Just 1 day for the Lord. Not even 1 full day in fact. We kept giving excuses to ourselves of not going for Bible Study and other stuff in church or even read the Bible and have some quiet time with the Lord, coz we're too busy with homework, school, college, uni or work. But we can spend countless time in front of the TV, go yam cha and hang out with friends, or even online chatting nonsense. That includes muka-buku & blogging. Gulp. Who me? *innocent look* But when it comes to the Lord, we're too busy, no time, later, tomorrow…
Are we really living our lives for God or for ourself? This question puts me to shame. I realise I can never let go of my life and the world. God said we cant serve 2 masters, ie either God Himself or the world. If we really love the Lord, we must leave our worldly treasures, bear the cross and follow Him.
I can only work to change gradually through time to be a better person In Christ. But salvation isn't about good works or merit. U cant earn heaven just because you're a good person. Salvation comes through Christ Jesus. Believe and be saved peeps ! Call me a Jesus freak or anything, hate me love me, you have to have God in your life, like totally !
After morn church in Tab, I went on to St Peter's Church at Oxford Street in the afternoon, as invited by my buyer May. It's a Chinese church with sermon in dual-lingual. I personally like one of the worship songs, Give Thanks.
It goes… "Let the weak say I am strong… Let the poor say I am rich… Because of what the Lord has done for us… Give thanks".
The Pastor, Joshua was a real funny fella. Preached about Life's Blessing. He said that God does not have anything against the rich. In fact, Christians don't oppose the rich. But thing is, whom do we serve in the midst of our riches? Is it God or our own lustful desires for more? Does our possession possess us? One thing that touched me is that he said God promised to provide enough for us on this earth, although we never deserve any of it… Yet He loved us so much and will never forsake His children…
Jeremiah 29 : 11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future". AMEN !
I had thought about my financial situation. Yeah it's true I'm scraping through life day by day, I cant afford this-that, but the Lord would not let me starve. He lead Delia to buying groceries for me, to Carphone approving of my cash back, no matter how little it is, lead buyers to my trading n e-bay stuff.
Luke 12 : 28 "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?"
I will have more faith in the Lord. Thank you for granting grace over and over again though I never deserve any of it. AMEN !
Legend :
Muka-Buku - Facebook
5 comments:
I wish I could think like that.. I'm one of those people who looks up into the sky and it immediately starts to rain.
Wow, so you study, blog, ebay-it, socialise, cook, and make time to go to church (once a week is better than no times a week)... my hat is off to you Miss.
damn. my finals is in 5 weeks too. FINAL ASSIGNMENTS are alrdy almost due. *sweat*
the thing is, ive realised dat iv been neglectin church alot, NOT GOD, but church. it's just strange.
pray for me?
love alwiz
xoxo
Thx amit darling !~! Aren't u just the sweetest chump =)
When it rains... u can stand under my umbrella.. ella ella.. ehh ehh... =P
Hey jessica.... we pia together... go go girl power !
N bout church girl, no worries... charm will pray for jess okiez? Will pray for jess' exams too... GO study now... go go.. whoop..
love u too girl
ahaha ... mine is a week before yours ... sucks big time and end same time as ya :P
oh for me i go on fridays, saturdays, sundays and if there is anything special on other days i would go to sometimes ... :P but for now stop all activities till after exams lerr ... kena concentrate 100% d ... cant keep goofing off so much also haha ....
heh no worries la ... u start with giving whatever time u can to God 1st and slowly you'll find yourself attracted to Him and eventually you'll start pouring out more of ur time for Him ;) He's a great God and He never forsakes His children !! Yay !! haha
P.S. dun complain d ya ... i post comment d
To dan...
The churches here not the same as in pg i tell u.... mostly catholics and very ritual-like... tak shiok la.. the one i currently attend is Metropolitan Tabernacle Baptist Church. U can google it. Reformed church. Sings hymn....
Only those asian churches that i've tried out is similar style with pg type... I miss my church back home!
Post a Comment